Saturday, September 5, 2009

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cobbler


My mom's complaining bout my baking. Actually she's complaining bout my weight. (She complains I bake and eat too much). I can't not bake so I thought about making something fruity and healthy (well not really). Hence, the Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cobbler.

Some people call this a crisp, pie, cobbler, etc. Whatever it is called, it taste pretty damn good and is incredibly easy to make.

First thing, pre-heat your oven to 175 degree Celsius.

Ingredients A:

1 cup brown sugar (I think you can cut down on the sugar to maybe 3/4 cup)
1 cup oats
1 cup plain flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup melted butter

Combine dry ingredients and pour in melted butter. Mix until crumbly.

Ingredients B:

Approx 4 cups green apple (peeled, cored, cubed)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix sugar, cornstarch, water, vanilla and cinnamon. Cook over stove until thick and clear. (Approx 3-5 mins)
Put in the prepared apples into the sauce. Mix well and put aside.

To assemble:

Bottom layer - 1/2 of Ingredients A
Middle - Ingredients B
Top - Remainder 1/2 of Ingredients A
You can use a baking dish. Bake for 40 to 45 mins or until bubbly and golden brown.

Best served with a scoop of creme/ ice cream or yogurt. yums ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment